Summer is finally here! But for those of you that watch Game of Thrones, winter is in July so I suggest you hurry up and enjoy this weather. Heh. Typically, I buy all the new trendy summer items as soon as it gets warm. However, in the spirit of only buying things I “need,” I’m purchasing only a select few accessories. Correction: fab accessories. Summer accessories can transform your entire outfit to a trendy ensemble. Even a white t-shirt and jeans can look Fashion Week ready if you pair it right. In this post, I’ll give you a few must-have summer accessories that are easy on the budget and the eyes. You can thank me later.
1. A Dreamy clutch for the days your head is in the sky, i.e., Mondaze.
$87 by Rebecca Minkoff
2. Rose Gold Sunglasses to protect you from those UV rays…and the flashing lights surrounding you when you step up your summer fashion game.
(Extra snaps for the name Cherry Bomb, which is also a great song from the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack.)
$55 at Quay
3. Cute sandals to show off that new pedicure. I don’t know about you, but my toes have not seen the light of day since November. So get a fresh pedicure and let those tootsies shine!
P.S.- if the below pom-poms are too much, try mules. They’re another summer must-have.
$32 at Asos
4. Chokers are here to stay. But, why buy just one when you can get a pack of five for really cheap??
Pro Tip – stack ’em up for a quirky burst of color
$15 at H&M
5. Hand jewelry – I became obsessed with these ever since actress Sonam Kapoor wore them with the pale pink Elie Saab gown at the Cannes festival. What I like about the pair below is the quaint Victorian feel of it. They’re not extravagant either, so they won’t overtake your hand or feel heavy. It even has a little ring crown to signify the queen that you are.
$15 at ThinkGeek
Are there any summer accessories you adore? If so, sound off below!